Thursday, February 27, 2014

I think this is a pretty rad idea. Have some hot local bands play a cheap ($5) show over the lunch hour at a chic downtown venue. Des Moines represent!

I haven't played in a band for a long while now, but I think that would generate a turnout on par with any 9 pm slot on a weeknight. In fact, I'd reckon you'd increase your chances of widening your audience because all kinds of people are downtown during the lunch hour. If you were to tell me that I'd have the chance to catch an even marginally good band instead of waiting in line at Bento Box for some over priced noodles, I'd be there in a heartbeat. 

I think that during the week, it's just smart to have early shows to begin with. I probably think that because I'm getting bitter in my old age. So an honest-to-goodness good show over the lunch hour is  that much more appealing. With all of the possibilities in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, I'd be surprised if concert series like this don't catch on here as well.

It's also funny to see my pal Steven Virgil dressed as a legit lumberjack. 

Parlours - Slowly From the Earth [Official Video] from Kate Jones on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment